Age of youth media maker: The work must have been created by youth ages 19 and under. In order for a film to be eligible, at the time of production youth under the age of 19 must have served in the majority of creative and technical production roles as directors, writers, camera-person, editors, animators, etc.
- Short films 15 minutes or under preferred. Films longer than 20 minutes will not be considered.
- Language: Films of all languages are welcome, however films must have English subtitles if the spoken language is a language other than English.
- Format: DVD(preferred) or VHS. We can accept entries using NTSC or PAL. Submissions will not be returned. Sorry, entries sent in on Mini DV can NOT be considered.
- Authority to Submit the Film and License: By submitting the film, you acknowledge that you have the full right and authority to submit the film to the YOUTH PRODUCING CHANGE program and you grant to Human Rights Watch, Adobe Youth Voices and the Human Rights Watch International Film Festival a free license to screen and exhibit the film for evaluation purposes.
- Ownership and Copyright: By submitting the film, you acknowledge that you are the sole author and owner of the film, or if you are not the sole author,you have secured all necessary and appropriate rights, written permissions, and releases in connection with submitting the film. In particular, all music and other rights must be cleared for non-exclusive educational, online, broadcast and theatrical distribution.